With the recent Hurricane Irma, the team members at Pilera wish for the safety and well-being of all individuals who have been affected in Florida and surrounding areas. We are committed to helping our customers in the best way that we can. Thus, we recently provided free phone calls and text services to our Florida customers to assist with the storm. Hurricane Irma is the second major weather event that impacted residents in the United States this weekend after Hurricane Harvey in Texas last week with severe flooding and damage. After causing massive damage in the Keys and southern Florida and leaving 6.5 million individuals without power, the storm reached Georgia and is now heading northwest. Hurricane Irma was stated to be a category 4, one of the largest Atlantic-based hurricanes to hit the east coast of the United States, and encompassed 500 miles wide from Tallahassee to Miami.
The safety of staff and residents is the number one priority and communication is of utmost importance in ensuring this. Pilera hopes to help community managers and board members in Florida communicate quickly and gain peace of mind that their messages will reach residents in a timely manner. By providing free phone calls and text services to residents within the storm’s path, community managers will be able to send more emergency calls during and after the storm.
Furthermore, it is essential for everyone to stay informed of the latest news pertaining to Irma:
- Irma Live Updates via NY Times – The storm is now pushing north, however, there are still millions without power in Florida.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management – view updates from Florida Governor Scott, current situation and weather updates, evacuation notices and orders, military support, and other vital information.
- South Florida Closings, Cancellations & Supply Locations (Local 10) – Up-to-date information on closings and re-openings.
- Irma Updates from MyNews13 – County maps, storm tracking and latest news.
- CAI Community Disaster Preparedness and Relief – Up-to-date Information on how your community can plan and prepare for potential/imminent disasters, and rebuild and recover from recent natural disasters.
- To be informed of latest updates, view content from these hashtags on social media: #Irma, #HurricaneIrma, #FloridaStrong.
Copy of latest press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/09/prweb14687757.htm